If you're like me. you've experienced a few more crashes than usual lately while teleporting. This is because we've got a teleport (TP) bug that we need to nip in the bud, and we need YOU to help us fix it!
!! BEFORE YOU RELOG or RESTART !!
PLEASE GATHER INFORMATION & THE VIEWER LOG FILES TO SEND TO US
Anytime that you experience a crash after teleporting, please write down the following information:
- The avatar name you were using;
- The date and approximate time of the crash (if it is your local time, then be sure to include which time zone you are in);
- The Start and Destination regions for the teleport;
- The Viewer you are using (Standard, Plug-In, or Phoenix-SpotON);
- Your Computer's Operating System (e.g. Win7, MacOS 7.1, etc.)
ALSO, before you relog or restart your viewer again, please capture your viewer’s LOG FILES. These are files that are stored in a special system folder on your local computer. The log files can be found in one of the following locations:
- Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<(your Windowsuser name)>\Application Data\SpotON3D\logs
- Vista or Win 7: C:\Users\<(your Windowsuser name)>\AppData\Roaming\SpotON3D\logs
- $HOME/Library/Application Support/SpotON3D/logs
(may be tricky to find for 10.7 users)
HOW TO REPORT YOUR NASTY BUG:
Once you have this information, we need for you to post it on our Mantis bug tracking system. We’ve created an issue there that you can use to report these TP-related crashes as they happen.
IMPORTANT: Before you can add your comments to this issue, you will first need to create a Mantis account by clicking the “Signup for a new account” link at the top left. Full instructions for how to create your own Mantis account are at https://wiki.spoton3d.com/faq/bugreporting.
The issue can be found at the following URL:
Scroll down to the "Add Note" section at the bottom, and include all of the information that you wrote down earlier. If you were able to capture and zip up your log files, then include that as an attachment to your comment.
For every TP crash that you report over the next five days (through 1/10/2012), we will put SO$10 into your avatar's account! To receive the reward, you must provide all of the requested information, including attaching the log files.
With your help, we can stomp out this nasty glitch and make the Web Worlds a better place to move around in!