We recently caught wind of rumors that SpotON3D was supposedly headed for bankruptcy, and in fact that we would be shutting down within the next few days. Nothing could be further from the truth. We're not certain where these rumors are coming from, but we want to dispel them now.
We have a group of dedicated people who have been working hard to lay the foundation for what is to come. Our primary concerns so far have been:
- Solving some technological problems that were proving to be barriers to a successful user experience;
- Setting up a structure so that groups with different needs and expectations will feel comfortable and can function effectively, without fear of being interrupted by someone seeking a different experience; and
- Bringing in creators from other digital worlds to help us develop a substantial base of content, so that future consumers will have a reason to come check us out, and more importantly will want to stick around... especially those who have never before experienced the 3DWeb.
We have successfully overcome the major technological issues, and have been setting up Web worlds to accommodate groups of residents with different needs. With our growing base of creators and content, we are finally reaching the point that all of this can become a reality. We have some very exciting developments on the horizon, and we are definitely NOT going anywhere.
If you need proof that we are still a vibrant company, consider these points:
- We are utilizing Facebook as a way to reach out to the friends & family communities. We have developed a World on the Web plug-in, which is the only fully functional client that can sit right inside of a Web page, and we already provide a SpotON3D Facebook app that uses our plug-in to let people quickly sign up and get online right from their Facebook pages. Soon, this same Web plug-in will also be made available for our customers to use on their own home pages, so that they can have their clients sign in directly to their specific region (or 3DWeb space) within SpotON3D.
- Within the next couple of weeks, we will roll out our first recreational PodPad community, Snowybrook Winter Resort. This will be a quad Megasim (four contiguous regions with no perceptible sim boundaries), with villages made up of furnished cabins that can be rented for a low monthly rate, and will include fun activities such as snowboarding, skiing and ice skating.
- AKK Horses, a creator of popular rideable horses in Second Life, has been setting up their products on our platform, and we have been working with them to overcome some Opensim issues so that all of the product features will behave as expected. This will prove to be an exciting addition to our community.
- We are in the process of developing an app called Remote Avi that we expect to be ready by the end of the year, which should let you access the SpotON3D platform and perform many movement and chat functions directly from an iPad. Check it out here: http://ez.spoton3d.com/ipad_prototype03.mp4
- We have already begun working with an experienced game programmer, someone who has years of experience coding for some popular MMO games. This person will be a valuable asset in helping us achieve our goals as we press forward.
So, if you happen to hear any rumors that SpotON3D is going away... well, be assured that we are only getting started!
To follow all of our blog postings, please be sure to subscribe by clicking the "Join this site" button, or by submitting an email address in the "Follow by Email" box along the right margin. And if you see something that particularly interests you, be sure to share it on your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media pages using the icons provided.
You can sign up for an account with SpotON3D by going to https://spoton3d.com/register/, or through your Facebook page at https://apps.facebook.com/webworlds/.
Also check out our SO3D Like Bytes page on Facebook, at http://www.facebook.com/TessasLIKEBytes